Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thankful Mommy

We had the missionaries over for Family Home Evening this past Monday and took the lesson from the new nursery manual. If you don't have one, get it!! It has been such a blessing to our family already and it is so wonderful at giving me ideas how to get the gospel across to my toddler in a way she can get it.

Our topic this week was Heavenly Father has a body just like us, and when we tried to teach her what a body was, she insisted we do the "Head, Shoulders Knees and Toes" song. It was hysterical, the missionaries did it along with us and she danced around the middle of the room, thrilled to pieces. She did get the point of the message though!

After we did the lesson, I showed her a picture from the book to show her Heavenly Father and Jesus Christs's bodies.

I pointed to the people on the top and told her who they were, and for the heck of it, I asked who the person at the bottom of the picture was.

Without blinking, her answer was "Joseph Smith!"

Those missionaries were sooo impressed. We would have been more impressed, but we already knew she was a genuis. Heck, she could pick Jesus out of a picture she'd never seen before she was even 18 months. I'm not writing this to brag, just to say she also can name every single character on Sesame Street, Super Why, Clifford, Arthur, all the muppets by name and she can quote the entire movie Finding Nemo.

I'm just thankful she's giving the gospel equal time:)

2 comments:

  1. You know, kids are smarter than most adults give them credit for. I believe ignorance is a learned behavior, not something we have to grow out of.
    And I can only imagine the missionaries performing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea. I will have to have that book sent to me soon. James is just getting to the age where I will really need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete