Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just a quick note to say - WOW we are blessed. I don't do math, but if I had to add up the stuff my student's parents have given me for Solei, the dollar amount would be astronomical!

I haven't had to buy her clothes in a YEAR, and toys and books and toys just roll in. My parents are the BEST! I teach their kids violin, and they are just thrilled to be unloading the stuff their kids have outgrown to somone who will use and appreciate it, and boy howdy do we!

Tonight we got out a huge set of Duplo Legos that we were given last week, and I think Solei had almost as much fun as Jared and I did :)

One mom gave us a huge box of VHS tapes she couldn't sell at garage sale - including 8 Veggie Tales tapes. I'd never seen them, but a few weeks ago when I had to stay home with a sick kiddo and I was trying to find something Sunday appropriate for 2 sick and cranky girls, I found the tapes she'd given me included the story of Esther and Daniel and the Lion's Den. She loved them, and they were WAY more interesting than those BOM tapes. Now she asks for the "cucumber stories" all the time.

I'm so glad my mom raised me with violin so I could be a mom and a teacher at the same time, and the extra blessings just keep pouring in. I am finding SO MANY things to be thankful for this year!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Legos! Love those things even now. Whoever thought them up is a genius.

    ReplyDelete