Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend recap

This weekend we made the trek to Kentucky to visit 1. my nephew, who is staying with some family, 2. the family, and 3. my mom, who was visiting everyone. It was a ball - Bethany has 5 of her own and Teaq made 6, and this weekend the kid count ballooned to 7 with Solei! Oh, and it was also Solei's 2nd birthday!!!

This is Bethany, the saint who manages to corral all the kiddos and stay sane in the process:
This is my nephew Teaq. He just walked out of the house wearing this like it was completely normal.
Solei adoring her amazing Gama.

Again with the Gamma loving...


You would not believe this van...


Happy birthday!!!!!
Jared distracted Solei while Bethany did the fastest french braid pigtails I've ever seen - it was gorgeous, but there's a good chance the only time she'll ever look like this again is if Bethany comes to visit!
All the kids post-nursery and primary.

All the boys - including Teaq here - wore crowns along with Solei for the birthday festivities. Real men do pink.


Birthday pumpkin pie! Lots of candles to allow all the boys to help blow it out.

Daddy was generously given a 1/4 of the entire birthday pie. He then ate the whole thing!


I love these 3 generation shots!



My personal favorite - Gamma and brood on the way into Chuck E Cheese.

Picnic!

Movie time- all the kids lined up in the bed and patiently watched a movie about fish or something. It was hysterical!

Turns out our little girl loves hoops - that's handy, seeing as she'll probably be 8 feet tall.
I think that's enough for now. Happy 2 years, Solei!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. The van shot is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm glad I saw that van shot first thing in the morning and not before bed cuz it would have for sure given me nightmares. Does someone own that beast or was it a rental? I hereby vow to never own a vehicle that large. Or even one half that large (unless it is a Lincoln Navigator that I pay cash for).
    I loved the 3 generation picture. I love those generational ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I thought I had my hands full with one. I can't talk after seeing that. She looks so organized and the kids look pretty orderly. If that were me I'd probably loose one for like 3 hours and never notice. I don't feel so organized. It looks like Solei had fun. What a party!

    Happy Birthday Solei!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Nice adventure! I am sure the kids are not all the same age - but they all look to be the same height...
    Good times. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Happy Birthday, Solei! She is getting so big and so beautiful! Those were some funny shots of the van. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOLEI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT post thanks for all the details!
    happy Birthday Solei!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE BETHANY! She is soo cool!

    Sister Kuzmich looks like a superstar !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy birthday Solei dear, happy days...well, you know the rest of the song and you are now singing it in your head, so HA! Coming out to Atlanta soon, but mostly to hang with the cousins...
    I think you need another carseat in that van...that was an AWESOME shot...

    ReplyDelete