Monday, April 14, 2008

An Open Letter to My Husband

Like I could keep my 2 cents to myself:)

Here's an Open Letter to My husband:


IMG_2217



Dear Husband,

Over the last few years I have come to realize that you are not as crusty as you pretend to be. Deep down you are a softie, doing whatever you can to help another person in need (especially me), and I don't tell you as often as I should how grateful I am that you love me, despite your better judgement. When we got married I knew that I was marrying someone that was exactly right for me. You are insane, brilliant, and the most service-driven person I've ever known. Most of all you never stop trying. You try to understand me, to understand Solei, to make me happy (not an easy feat, I'll grant you) and to always be better husband and father. You are everything that I need. You never, ever let me get bored and I'm always surprised at how strange our lives can get.

The last three years have been a the happiest, most secure years of my life. Things have never been more in flux - we're always moving, always changing jobs, always flying by the seat of our pants, but you always let me know how much you love me, and that constant is the one reason why I let you get away with most of your crazy ideas. I'm also amazed at how much you do as a husband and a father. I always hear women wishing their husbands would take a more active role, and I am so grateful that no matter what, I can always count you to be at my side and taking care of everything with me- especially all that outdoor stuff and the bug killing duties. And the taxes!!! (I have never been more happy that I decided to say "I do" when I hear you say "Honey, the taxes are done!")

You love Solei, you change diapers, you get up with her in the middle of the night, and you're always thinking of ways to make my life easier, and more fun. You accept my faults and my weaknesses, but you never let me dwell on them and help me turn them into strengths. You are always thinking of ways you can bring a smile to my face - be it a milkshake, yoga classes or 30-second hugs. And most of all: You love me for what I am. This is not nearly as lengthy and thorough as it could (and should) be, but don't worry, I'll probably think of lots more wonderful things to say right when your are trying to get to sleep tonight. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for all you do.

With Great Love, Wife

4 comments:

  1. See. Exactly what I was talking about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys are mushy...what's in the water out there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet!

    (and ugh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:02 PM

    that made me cry! *sniff* and I'm SO not joking either!

    ReplyDelete