Saturday was arguably the coldest day of the year so far. It was a balmy 33 degrees and snowing. So what did we decide to do? Take our daughter to the zoo.
It all started on Monday when Missy (my co-worker) offered free tickets to the zoo. FREE. (That's my favorite "F" word). The thing was, they had to be used before tomorrow. So, rain or shine we were off to the zoo. (Tickets are normally $20 a piece)
The Atlanta Zoo was the second worst zoo ever (second only to the fake zoo they have in Utah - ATTENTION UTAH: DUCKS, DOGS AND CATS ARE NOT ZOO ANIMALS). At the gate we were told that only the reptiles and the pandas were out. The reptiles are kept in a warm place and the Pandas are apparently used to being cold. In spite of this we persisted. The lady at the gate was about as infomed as the zoo was exciting.
In spite of the cold we survived well. Solei wore her cute pink hat (she won't ever wear it for more than a few seconds). We hopped from heated (empty) building to building.
Solei did get to see some pretty cool stuff. She insisted that anything with feathers was a duck (especially the flamingos some 20 feet beyond the front gate - how the girl working at the gate missed them was beyond me). We saw elephants. They were huge. We were all amazed by the apparent size of their bladders. If you ever have a medium sized fire to put out and there's no fire hose available, but there is an elephant around, I'd suggest involving the elephant.
We saw the pandas eat bamboo. We saw the Lion on his rock. We saw the reptiles. We saw the Zebras. Luckily on the way out we stopped by the petting zoo. ALL the goats and sheep were out. Solei had a blast with them. Here's some video goodness if you can deal with the forever it takes to watch (Caution it's over ONE minute in length):
After the zoo we all warmed up on the ride home in our van.
We love you Sheep #2!!!
I love it when she Baa's back to the sheep. After all of that cuteness, I didn't even notice it was over a minute.
ReplyDeleteJared has very good baa-ing skills. Glad to see that higher education paid off.
ReplyDeleteI am going to find a way to use these three quotes in the next week!
ReplyDelete1) "(That's my favorite "F" word)"
2) "We were all amazed by the apparent size of their bladders."
3) "(Caution it's over ONE minute in length)"
Rocketgirl, enjoy your concerts in TN and NC (or SC)!
Floyd, good luck in the beard competition! (don't get beat by any ladies)
Hey Reva!
ReplyDeleteI love the blog... so very cute and very entertaining! Solei is growing up so quickly and just get's cuter and cuter everytime I see here... While your baby- and Mandy's baby are The Cutest Baby and the smaller and quiter cutest baby... As you said my son doesn't look creepy- I think he qualifies as the Cutest Baby Boy Ever since I think his extra bits puts him in a different category of "Best". Never the less- Rob and I were talking and want to have you and Jared and Mandy and Joe and all our little "BEST EVER's" over for dinner and either a movie or we could be REALLY mormon and play a board game or something... :-)
Anywho- just wanted to say Hi and tell you that the pictures are way cute and the videos prove that you're OBVIOUSLY excellent parents!
Kudos!
We are totally going to one of the zoos here when you come to visit. We have three to choose from, so ONE of them has to be worth it. And OMG is that a SMITTEN in your back pocket?
ReplyDeleteReva,she's a DOLL! YOu're littlegirl is SO cute!HOw is being a mom? Fun sometimes and you wonder why you ever did it at others? CHeck usout borlandtimes.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWe may be schmucks, but as you say, at least we are lucky. You know, you don't have to rub it in that Solei is perfect, with the exception of that screaming thing. At least she laughs, Sierra only pants like a dog or coughs, and that's the extend of her expressing her sense of humor.
ReplyDeletep.s. Joe bought me Reva shoes this week. Maybe they'll make me as cool as you.
Reva shoes?? Do you realize how far I have let myself go??? You look WAAAAAYYY cooler/hotter than me - run in the opposite direction of my mommy-fashion vortex!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, Sierra gets Best Baby Ever award now. Solei is being psYYYYYYCHO lately. So put that li'l feather in your cap.
ok, so now that I appreciate that I can have the Best Baby Ever Award...I let you keep the Smartest Baby Ever Award...for now. =)
ReplyDeleteSo Reva shoes are cute flats that only chics with super, hot, skinny legs can wear (so I don't know why he bought them for me). My legs...YUCK! Hello, like I have heard of the gym, or a tanning bed lately for that matter. You get the Hot Mama Award you MILF! Yeah, I'm jealous.
Um, I wear flats because I'm a klutz and I'm afraid of falling when I'm holding my wriggler. If you can wear heels without ending up on the floor, DO IT!!!
ReplyDeleteNice but shots of Jared. The camerawoman was perhaps a bit distracted?
ReplyDeleteI love that she wanders around with her tongue sticking out. I know it's just something kids her age do, but I kept hoping she was going to lick the sheep, dangit. No woolly bits in the mouth for our girl, no sir.
I meant butt, not but. You knew that, right. Jared's red-gloved butt. Yep.
ReplyDelete