Monday, July 30, 2012

ghosts of Christmas past...

There is a upside to NEVER cleaning out your e.mail.  I was looking for an address and stumbled on this gem on an e.mail sent by Jared back in 2007.  It was in response to a questionnaire Mom Paget had sent out about the upcoming Christmas festivities.  I'm seriously guffawing over here, merci 5 years after the fact :)


1. From when to when are you off work and/or school?

I'm off of school forever.  Work - Probably more after christmas than before.
2. From when to when do you plan to be in Atlanta?

I live here and can't leave my job - so most of the time.
3. If travelling here, by car or air?

Hmmm....
4. Would yo like to exchange homemade gifts this year? Are you all arranging a name exchange? Actually - we have a great idea for a homeade gift (that won't make people ill).
5. Sarah suggested we plan some activities. Any suggestions? (I will compile a list for you to rate - some with children, and some after bed time.)

Gifts, food, sleigh rides, fireplaces, pumpkin cookies, bells, bows, washing our hands after we flush. 6. Are you willing to do family projects?

What is a family project?  Is this like when we all clean out the attic together or something?
7. What times of day do you anticipate (by Dec.) your child/children will be free to do a scheduled activity?

What?
8. Any menu suggestions?

Banana Bread, Cheese Selection, pigs in blankets, tamales, sushi, holiday nog, chestnuts, quail.
9. Any requirements for sleeping?

First I require a good meal before bedtime.  We call this meal dinner 2.  Then I require a good toothbrushing and yawn.  After that i need to have a bed heated (or cooled) to exactly 78 degrees.  Light is not acceptable in the room - nor are any other individuals outside of my wife.  The bed should be firm, but in the case of Reva being there, soft is acceptable.  There should be a warm blanket on the bed (preferably down) that is one size larger than the bed (ei queen bed = king comforter).  There should be a fan that is capable of blowing at the level of the mattress.  There should be no noise pollution from inside or outside the house.  I require 2 pillows, one very fluffy and one flat and light. 
Either that or church pew.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:17 PM

    This is TOO rich. Thanks for the seriously fine, very healthy laughs. You make Mr. Bean very proud.
    Laughter generated from both questions AND answers.
    THANK YOU for sharing.

    ReplyDelete