Friday, June 15, 2012

summer!

We got a fence so the kids could roam around the backyard without me standing guard at the door, making sure they weren't wandering off.  I was so excited!  I made this tent for them out of 2 dollar store broom sticks, a thrift store sheet and some ribbon:

But then suddenly Forster was terrified of the backyard and wouldn't go out there.  Ugh.  Today, however, I solved that problem.  Behold, the Slip n' Slide!


 I really didn't want to get my hopes up or pressure him, so I didn't even bother changing his clothes.  He didn't mind, and his diaper got HUGE! :)

They paused for lunch....

 ... and then I tried to join in on the fun for my 365 project.

  I discovered our yard is REALLY bumpy.  And I am also not 12 any more.  But I did get my picture:
 Forster played so hard he didn't want to stop.  When I mentioned a nap, he laid down on the slide, munched an apple and informed me he would take his nap right there.
 We tried turning off the water, so he's here asking "Where my water?!?!"  We just had to turn it back on when he is that polite and impassioned.
 Of course, Solei had serious skillz:

 I finally tricked Forster inside for a nap and Solei is out there reading in the tent.  She's been out there reading for 45 minutes.  What kind of 5 year old would do that?  CAN do that?
Probably quite a few, but we're just lucky to have gotten her all to ourselves :)  Oh, and yesterday we got our annual passes to Circus World!  It is going to be an awesome summer!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:46 AM

    WHAT A DIFFERENCE A FENCE MAKES! Looks nice with an open, airy feeling; not so enclosure-like. Must have been tricky building a fence on so many "interesting" angles and slopes. F's reaction is interesting. Nice job easing him into his new adventure-environment. Yup, it's gonna be a great summer. That's just what Wisconsin is famous for.
    ENJOY :))

    ReplyDelete