Still No Baby.
That's the news of the day. Yesterday was the due date and we are all a little anxious to get things underway- like somehow once the baby comes everything will magically be resolved and we won’t have to worry about anything anymore. I can only imagine that attitude is probably exactly the opposite of what will happen. Being extremely impatient, I tend to want to move on with things and get them over. That is probably the worst attitude that I could have in terms of kids. Before we know it our little girl will be off getting married and having kids of her own. Man how time flies…
Life here is good. We are in our home, have furniture, have gotten used to the rooster who crows at 4am, and even figured out hot showers. The only thing that seems to be lacking is the internet. The Brazilian telephone system isn’t known for its customer service nor its speed- so we are waiting for DSL. It honestly was our last resort. We even looked into some strange satellite thing. Alas, we got everything we needed and still no connection. They are sending out a tech to help- we’ll see how that goes.
We’ve even managed to make a few friends. The church here has been great. A group of women came over to help us clean last week. They’ve been super friendly with Reva and have been gems overall. Everyone is looking out for us here and doing their best to help us where they can.
My mom came down to help us out with everything. She brought two full suitcases of baby clothing and stuff. The baby’s room is all set up and ready for our little ray of sunshine. She’s washed a ton of our clothes and cleaned up and done dishes. I mentioned the other day that I don’t think my mom has washed any clothes for me since I turned 12.
We will update everything as soon as we have internet and more things to say. Every now and then I step back and see how truly insane I am. New country, new job, pregnant wife. What was I thinking???
Well, to me both of you sound like you're already in love with the baby. it's cute ;o) I'm praying hard that everything will go well and won't hurt too badly.
ReplyDeleteReva, your comments were down so, I'll comment here.... :) Take care, and we'll say a little prayer for you and Baby Girl. :) I'm glad you seem to have settled in. Jared, take care of our girl! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that you guys are getting all settled in and everything! That makes me happy. I am so excited for yall- the baby will be here any time now!! That's wonderful! I am thinking about you and Reva a lot, so at least my thoughts and prayers are with you, since I cant be!! I love yall to death and miss you tons ;)
ReplyDeleteOh you guys are too cute!! My first baby was 10 days late...and let me tell you, as soon as her due date hit, I was so BUMMED!! Now she's in Kindergarten...WHAH!!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you both! Soon enough there will be many sleepless nights, and more than your share of poo and vomit stories...so be patient! She'll come when she's ready!!
; )