
So, while the wife is busy with a challenge of blogging daily on her other blog, this one has been left to yours truly. That’s why you haven’t seen anything new in the last 2 weeks.
Our baby is growing like a little weed. She’s gained all kinds of weight since we brought her home. She’s so cute and is finally learning how to smile. She’s finally figuring out who we are and seems to be to the point where she will actually get upset if she isn’t being held or near us. I was a horrible father last night. She had fallen asleep twice had her diaper changed and was full to the point where she refused to eat more. She was ready for bed, but wouldn’t sleep. I let her cry herself to sleep. It’s probably too early to do something so cruel (at least it seemed cruel). She fell asleep within 5 minutes. We want to get her on a schedule- but we aren’t too good with schedules ourselves…

Today is a holiday. It’s black consciousness day. Basically their MLK day. Our city decided that everyone should take the day off, so I’m at home. Our factory is paying people overtime to work though. We paid people to work overtime all weekend. At the end of the year manufacturing is important because of Christmas.
Summer is kicking in. We have NO A/C. Not in our house. Not even in our car. We are going to start looking for something, anything very soon. It’s too too too hot.
That's probably smart to train her early. Our doctor told us at this appointment that we needed to train her to "self-comfort." Basically, we need to let her just cry herself to sleep until she realizes it's useless to cry, and just falls asleep. It's so hard! She is so loud! We tried it for a day. My success was that she would cry herself so tired that I could pick her up and rock her and she'd fall asleep without nursing. We decided to postpone this training until after we get back from Hawaii. I think that the people staying in the hotel with us would appreciate that.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Have you heard of Babywise? I did it with Mckenzie and it worked! Kellie also did it with her twins. I think it helped her stay out of the looney bin:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
Hey Jared, it's Kellie, Hollie's sister. If you can't stand to hear the crying and you know the baby is fed, dry and not sick, well, just invest in a good pair of ear phones. Absolutely saved my life and my boys became very good nappers. Yes, out of the looney bin, exactly. Earphones are awesome! I wish I figured that out with the first and second kids. Especially the second. Oh well. Your little baby is very cute by the way.
ReplyDelete